What are the registration requirements for .AT domains?
There are no requirements for buying .AT domains.
What does .AT stand for?
.AT represents the official domain extension or the internet country code top level domain (ccTLD) of Austria. It was introduced in 1988 and was intended for entities with Austrian affiliation. Registry is managed by nic.at and registration can be processed in any accredited registrars such as Marcaria. The AT domain extension is famous worldwide just like .COM and other generic TLDs. The reason behind its popularity is because webmasters use it as an English preposition. Example: www.contactus.at or www.meetme.at. These domains are currently available! Register yours now!
Aside from usage as Austria’s two-letter country code, AT is also used to abbreviate other popular words. AT also stands for: air traffic (aeronautics), automatic transmission (technology), air temperature (science), anti-terrorism (government), audit trail (business), Apple Talk (business) and Atraumatic (medical).
Why register a .AT domain?
Austria is a German-speaking nation situated at the heart of Europe. It is classified by World Bank as one of the most prosperous countries in the world. Austria is every investor’s dream destination and they have all the right reasons to invest in this beautiful country. First, Austria’s excellent education system produces highly-skilled labor force. Second, tax incentives are given by the Austrian government to attract more investors. Third, Austria has strong a trading connection with Germany, another influential country in Europe. Finally, the Austrian standard of living is among the highest in the world which is comparable to the quality of life in Switzerland. Austrians can afford luxury goods making them an ideal target customer for any type of business.
If your company is expanding in Austria, we suggest that you buy the .AT domain extension for your website. This will benefit your firm in many ways:
- AT domains are very popular in Austria. Austrian companies including local organizations use this domain extension to build a digital presence in this country. Hence, it is just right that you follow the business norm in Austria.
- AT domains are useful in reinforcing your company’s affiliations with Austria. This is essential in promoting awareness about your brand. Your products will have an easy recall from local customers.
- AT domains are good for internet marketing. If your primary goal is to build a strong customer base in Austria, it is imperative that you use the AT country code extension for your website. This will let your customers know that your business is committed to doing business in their country.
- AT domain extension helps in boosting your website’s page rank in search engines. Internet users in Austria are using the Austrian Google version: www.google.at. Local websites are ranked higher for local searches made from this URL address.
- AT domains are useful in building a portfolio of premium domains. This is ideal if your primary purpose is to register domain names for selling them and earning profits. Example of domain hacks for AT: www.aristocr.at instead of www.artistocrat.com or www.winterco.at instead of www.wintercoat.com. Other examples: www.montserr.at instead of www.montserrat.com or www.rentabo.at instead of www.rentaboat.com. Register now!