What are the registration requirements for .BB domains?
.BB and .COM.BB:
- You must have a registered Trademark in any country.
- Companies and Trademarks registered in Barbados are also eligible to register.
- If you don't have a trademark, we can file a quick trademark application for you for an additional cost of US$ 85. The trademark name must be similar to the name of the domain. This process can take up to 4 weeks.
What does .BB stand for?
.BB represents the official domain extension or internet country code top level domain (ccTLD) of Barbados. Buying a .bb website is semi-restricted. As a registrant, you must comply with the requirements and you must use the domain in a lawful manner. Assistance from Marcaria will be helpful in making the process easier and quicker. Registry is operated by Telecoms Unit.
Aside from being used as a two-letter code for Barbados, BB is also used to refer to many other things. BB is used in online chatting as an acronym for “be back”. It can also refer to big brother (TV show), bb cream (makeup), baseball (sports), big bang (science), Betty Boop (cartoon character), etc. In internet slang, it is also famously used to abbreviate “best buddy”.
Why register a .BB domain?
Barbados is a Caribbean island nation located in the Lesser Antilles. In spite of having a small territory, the country is classified as an upper-middle-income economy that is largely reliant on tourism and foreign investments. Low corruption in the government and favorable economic policies continue to make Barbados an attractive business playground for foreign investors. Entrepreneurs are encouraged to start a business since there is no minimum capital requirement and the regulations for employing people aren’t burdensome.
Whether you own a company that wishes to expand in Barbados or you are in the process of starting a business in Barbados, having a .bb website will open more opportunities for you to succeed. A .bb domain is beneficial because:
- It is an essential step in localizing your website. Aside from uploading content written in the native language of Barbados, a .bb domain suffix will complete the process of making your website truly Barbadian. This is a crucial step that you shouldn’t miss as Barbadians might be intimidated to patronize a foreign website.
- Register your exact trademark name easily. BB is a domain suffix that is still limitedly and rarely used. Very few webmasters own this domain extension. This means that too many domain names are still available as of this time. It is a great way too to protect your trademark from unauthorized use or from infringement. If you already have a .com website for your trademark, it’s wise to register a .bb as well.
- Barbadians are high quality online consumers because of their middle standard of living and ability to afford more than basic commodities. The best way to penetrate into the digital markets of Barbados is to create a .bb website. It helps in earning the confidence and trust of local customers since they get the impression of commitment and professionalism.
- .BB website is unique and easy to remember. More importantly, it is short. It is generally a “thumb up” if your URL address is short. The shorter, the better. Users will not confuse your online store with other similar websites.