What are the registration requirements for .BO domains?
Registration is unrestricted and there is no documentation required.
What does .BO stand for?
.BO represents the official domain extension or internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) of Bolivia. Registration is open to anyone. It is also easy and takes a short time to register. English characters are acceptable although you cannot include a space. NIC Bolivia is the authorized body that carries out the registry and administration of .bo domain names.
BO is also popular for other meanings. It is used as a reference to body odor (hygiene), back order (commerce), best offer (promotions), box office (films), broker’s order (finance), and buyer’s option (sales). In American slang, BO is a male friend or a prescription drug for cough. However, the formal meaning of BO is Bolivia, a country in South America.
Why register a .BO domain?
Bolivia is a middle-income territory with a government that focuses on welfare spending and balance control in the country’s natural resources. In the past decades, corruption made it difficult for Bolivians to cope with poverty and inflation rate. However, during the recent years particularly in year 2015, Bolivia unexpectedly became the fastest-growing economy in Latin America. Now is the right time to invest in this country as industries are flourishing and the purchasing power of citizens tremendously increased. The average income of household increased to 300% while poverty was reduced by 25%.
Reasons to register a .BO website address:
- .BO is unrestricted and registration is simple. Companies wanting to expand in Bolivia would make a smart choice in buying this domain extension. It is a better option than .com or .biz because it emphasizes the company’s affiliation to Bolivia.
- Companies engaged in selling any kind of products will benefit from the other meaning of BO which is “best offer”.
- Get a website name that is few characters, business-related, profitable and being searched by millions of users. Since .BO is unexplored yet by domain owners, the possibilities are vast. With a .com suffix, your only options are too long and hyphenated domain names. With a .BO suffix, you can still get the exact web address that you need.
- Boost search engine ranking for Google local results. Bolivians searching for online stores will receive localized results from search engines. It gives your website a higher place on page one.
- Impress online visitors. A website with a .BO suffix will instantly give a professional vibe to your company and customers will feel that you are dedicated to serving them.
- Improve trust level with your target customers. A localized domain may help show that your business is not a scam. Scammers usually use .com domains so that they are difficult to trace. With a .BO domain, everyone knows that your company is located in Bolivia and you let them know that you are not hiding.