What are the registration requirements for .FR domains?
For .FR domain registrations, the owner must be a company or an individual domiciled in the European territory (European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland).
If you are not able to meet any of the above requirements, we will register the domain to our European Branch and we will make the domain available to you; this option has an additional cost (Trustee Service).
What does .FR stand for?
.FR represents the official domain extension or the internet country code top level domain (ccTLD) of France. It was introduced in 1986 and was intended for entities with connection to France. AFNIC is the authorized unit for carrying out its registry while Marcaria.com is the accredited registrar for processing the application for .FR domains. As of 2011, applicants are no longer required to have a local presence in France to be eligible for registration. Any European entities are now allowed to register.FR domains.
FR also stands for: French, from, federal register, French Republic, father, federal republic, Freitag (German translation for Friday), free ride, family reunion, formula racing, Force Recon (computer game) and Franc (currency).
Why register a .FR domain?
France is one of wealthiest countries in Europe. It is known not only for fashion and quality lifestyle but as well as for its strong economic and political influence. Tourism is a key industry for France being one of the most visited countries in the world. The agricultural sector also plays a vital role in the country’s economic activities. Major crops include wheat, potato, wine grapes and cereals. Another major source of national revenues is the chemical industry and the production of perfumes, soaps and cosmetics. A brand presence in France means having access to the world’s 6th most powerful economy. It also means taking advantage of its dynamic financial markets and world-class lifestyle. These are just some of the reasons why France is an excellent location for business expansion.
Before you invest in France, it would be a smart move to buy .FR domains. This internet extension is beneficial to your brand name in the following ways:
- FR domains can reinforce your company’s affiliation to France. This is essential in order to compete in the digital markets of this country and position your business as a local brand.
- FR domains can help in establishing a reputable online image for your brand name. It shows that your company is a legit European entity since you have the approval to use this website extension.
- FR domains can help in gaining the trust and confidence of French consumers. This ccTLD gives an impression of professionalism and commitment to internet users and online shoppers. It is necessary in order to encourage them to buy your goods and maximize your earnings.
- FR domains can instantly localize your website. Search engines will recognize your content as intended for the internet users in France. As a result, majority of your visitors will be coming from France. You need this if you want to build a strong customer base in this country.
- FR domains can be an effective tool for cost cutting. You don’t have to rely heavily on paid internet marketing campaigns to find quality leads because ccTLDs are ideal for white hat SEO. Your target customers will find your website through Google search.
- FR domains are premium internet extensions at a price that you can afford.