What are the registration requirements for .DE domains?
- In order to register a .DE domain, the administrative contact must have a local presence in Germany. If you do not meet this requirement, we can register the domain to the name of our local representatives and make it available to you. This option has an additional cost (Trustee Service).
- There are no requirements.
What does .DE stand for?
.DE refers to the official domain extension or the internet country code top level domain (ccTLD) of Germany. The spelled out meaning of DE is Deutschland which is the German word for Germany. It was introduced in 1986 and was intended for entities affiliated with Germany. DENIC is the authorized unit for carrying out its registry. DE is not only popular in Germany but as well as in countries where “de” means “of” such as Spain, Portugal and Romania.
Aside from being used as Germany’s two-letter country code, DE is also used as an acronym for other popular words. DE also stands for: dead end (slang), Dragon Empires (computer game), Death Eater (fictional character), data engineering (technology) and Department of Education (institution).
Why register a .DE domain?
Germany is a powerful and influential nation in Europe. It is also among the wealthiest and most progressive countries in the world with a standard of living comparable to Switzerland and New York. Millions of tourists visit the country yearly to personally see its grandeur and timeless architecture. Berlin, the capital city of Germany, is famous for its century-old arts and fantastic night life. On the other hand, Munich is visited by thousands of foreigners to participate in the world famous Oktober Fest.
Why Germany? Placing your investments in this territory is a guaranteed win. Germany’s economy has been consistently stable through the years. Labor cost may be expensive but you get to hire highly educated and skilled workforce. Unlike in other countries where foreign investors are discriminated, Germany offers equal opportunities and benefits for both foreign and local companies. And so much more!
If your company is doing a business expansion in Germany, we suggest that you register DE domains for your online presence. This will benefit your firm in so many ways:
- DE domain extension helps in creating a professional image for your brand name in the German digital market. This is the first step in succeeding in this territory.
- DE domain extension proves that your company has the official documents to use the domain suffix and also to operate locally. As a result, your company is able to reinforce its affiliation with Germany and earn the trust of local consumers.
- DE domain extension is very popular in Germany. It is used by German companies as well as the German government agencies. Hence, it would be ideal to adopt the local norms and make your web page localized.
- DE domain extension helps in boosting the trust level of customers. Digital shoppers always look for local websites when making purchases. It gives the impression of proximity and ease of transactions.
- DE domain extension is ideal for customized website addresses. Example: www.cutebri.de instead of www.cutebride.com or www.winterri.de instead of www.winterride.com.
- DE domain can make your website URL address unique which is essential in setting apart your page from the rest. It has a quick recall to internet users especially to your target customers.