What are the registration requirements for .HU domains?
If you do not meet these requirements, we can register the domain in our local representative's name in order to make it available to you. This option has an additional cost (Trustee Service).
- Owner must be a company incorporated in the European Union.
- An individual with a European ID/Passport, European Driving License or proof of residence in Hungry.
.CO.HU and .INFO.HU:
- There are no requirements.
The domain name must not violate the trademark holders or European companies' rights. The domain should not be registered with the intent of reselling the domain as it is prohibited by the Hungarian authorities.
What does .HU stand for?
.HU represents the official domain extension or the internet country code top level domain (ccTLD) of Hungary. It was introduced in 1990 and was intended for entities affiliated with this country. The Council of Hungarian Internet Providers is the authorized body for carrying out its registry. On the other hand, applications are processed via accredited registrars like Marcaria.com. (dot)HU domain is widely used in Hungary particularly by Hungarian individuals and Hungary-based companies. Registrants are advised to avoid immoral and illegal usage of .HU domains as well as violation of trademark rights.
HU also stands for: human, hook up, heads up, hell unleashed (Diablo 2 online game terminology), handling unit, human utilities, hosting unlimited and helicopter utility.
Why register a .HU domain?
Hungary is located in Central Europe. It is a landlocked territory and famous for its neoclassical architecture and medieval landmarks. World Bank classified Hungary as a high-income country with economic activities largely dependent on the industries of health care, tourism, agriculture and automobile manufacturing.
There are many reasons why foreign investors are attracted to the Hungarian business environment. First is the country’s commitment to high quality education. Hungarian workforce is one of the most talented and highly skilled in Europe. Second is the country’s commitment to fight corruption in governance and politics. Business-friendly policies are implemented to protect investors from bribery, red tape and other issues that make it hard to run a business. Third is the country’s stable economy. Business owners have peace of mind that their investments are secure even at times of crisis or recession.
Before you invest in Hungary, consider buying a .HU domain extension for your website. This will benefit your business in ways you didn’t expect. Here are some benefits of the .HU domain:
- HU domain extensions can make your web page appear more professional and reputable. This is essential in order to stand out against competitors and set your website apart from businesses that offer the same goods.
- HU domain extensions can establish your company’s affiliation to Hungary and the local consumers. This is necessary in order to create awareness about your brand name and build a large customer base in this territory.
- HU domain extensions can strengthen your online presence. Because this ccTLD is the most used internet extension in Hungary, it makes sense to adopt this and be identified as a company with local operations in this country.
- HU domain extensions are SEO-compatible and don’t hurt your Google page rank. It can even help optimize your web page for local search engines and help target customers find your website through Google search.
- HU domain extensions provide the simplest way to localize your website. No need to create content and stuff it with keywords about “Hungary” because the country code in your website URL already indicates that your website is dedicated to a specific audience.
- HU domain extensions can boost your sales and maximize your revenues. Because of its numerous benefits such as increased trust rating and professional digital image, customers are encouraged to respond to your offers and make purchases.