What are the registration requirements for .ID domains?
.ID, .WEB.ID, .CO.ID, .BIZ.ID and .MY.ID:
The applicant must meet one of the following requirements:
If your company does not meet any of the prior requirements, we can proceed with the domain registration in the name of our representatives in Indonesia and make it available to you; this alternative has an additional charge (Trustee Service).
- Owner must be an Indonesian Corporation; or
- Owner must have a trademark application/registration in Indonesia.
- Additionally, all applicants must have a physical business presence in the Indonesia, such as a sole agent, branch office, etc.
What does .ID stand for?
.ID represents the official domain extension or the internet country code top level domain (ccTLD) of Indonesia. Registry of this domain suffix is operated by PANDI. It can be registered only by entities that are affiliated with this country. More so, registrants must comply with the strict requirements in order to successfully register a .ID website. Contact Marcaria to know the details.
Aside from being used as Indonesia’s internet extension code, ID is also used to abbreviate other words. Popular meaning for ID include: identification (document), Idaho (state), idem (Latin), I dare (online chat or SMS), interior department (government), intra-dermal (medical), I do (wedding), etc.
Why register a .ID domain?
Indonesia is Southeast Asia’s top emerging market and also rapidly becoming an important player in the global market. Its versatile and fast-rising economy is attributed to having strong export ties with the United States and the increasing number of foreign investments. International brands as well as small startup companies come to Indonesia to expand and explore new business niches. If your company is about to place investments in this country, consider buying a .ID domain website.
Here are the reasons why.ID is beneficial for your business:
- .ID is a famous domain suffix in Indonesia. Local consumers trust websites using their country code because it shows affiliation and commitment. If your company website is using ID as its domain extension, more customers will be attracted to your business.
- Indonesia is home to 250 million internet users. Many people use online shops to buy basic needs like clothing, shoes and all other types of products. This means a bigger market for your business.
- If you have a .ID website, it will be easier to present and introduce your brand name to the Indonesian people. They trust websites using their country code and your web page will be perceived as more professional and more dedicated.
- ID domain suffix is often used for domain hacking because of its versatility. Instead of www.polaroid.com, www.polaro.id is shorter and smarter. Webmasters also use .ID domain suffix to imply that the website is coming from Idaho.
- .ID is a good alternative to .COM domains. If your company name is already registered in .com or .org, your other ideal option is .ID since it can mean identity or identification.
- ID is good for local targeting. ID domains can help in organic SEO. Drive highly quality Indonesian traffic to your website. Instead of getting visitors that don’t need your products, generate visitors that are really interested in your business.