What are the registration requirements for .IT domains?
.IT and .CO.IT:
- To register a domain name, the owner must be a company or an individual domiciled in the European Union.
- If you are not able to meet any of the above requirements, we will register the domain to our European Branch and make the domain available to you; this option has an additional cost (Trustee Service).
What does .IT stand for?
.IT refers to the official domain extension or the internet country code top level domain (ccTLD) of Italy. It was introduced in 1987 and was intended for entities connected with this country. IT-NIC is the authorized unit for carrying out its registry. Registration is limited to legal residents of any EU-member country. IT domains are widely used in Italy but many webmasters also use the IT extension for customized website addresses. Example: www.bathingsu.it instead of www.bathingsuit.com (Currently available! Register now!).
Aside from being used as Italy’s two-letter country code, IT is also used for abbreviating other famous words. IT also means: information & technology (computing), Immunotherapy (medical), Italic (font style), in topic (online chat), Icy Tower (online game), imagine that (online chat), inclusive tour (business) and income tax (government).
Why register a .IT domain?
Italy is one of the most powerful countries in Europe. This territory has a long history of civilization, art, culture and tradition. It is also one of the most visited nations in the world being home to Vatican and other popular cities such as Florence, Rome, Venice and Milan. Aside from Italy’s magnificent architecture, high-end fashion and luxury brands are also a top reason why millions of tourists can’t say no to an Italian trip.
Italy is a must-target country for multinational companies and international brands. Making your brand name popular in this territory means becoming popular in all of Europe and possibly in the whole world. The quality of living is incomparable and the environment is 100% pro-business. However, start-up companies with low budget might find it difficult to penetrate into the Italian markets. Competition is stiff and consumers expect the highest possible quality goods. If you want to expand in Italy, we urge you to buy .IT domains for your business. This is beneficial for your company in many ways:
- IT domains are essential for making your brand name popular in Italy. It is the most widely used domain extension in this country and it is wise to use it so Italian consumers can easily recognize your website.
- IT domains may enhance the user engagement in your page. Online shoppers in Italy trust websites ending in .IT and prefer to make purchases from local ecommerce stores.
- IT domains help your firm build a strong online presence and a reputable image. A (dot)IT website reinforces your connection with Italy and shows that you have the official documents to use this domain extension.
- IT domains are excellent for generating natural traffic to your website and for implementing White Hat SEO strategies. Do you want your visitors to come primarily from Italy? Then IT domain suffix is for you. It informs Google that your page and content are created for this territory and as a result, your local page rank becomes higher.
- IT domains are beneficial for limiting your expenses for paid SEO campaigns. Since country code extensions are compatible with white hat SEO, visitors will naturally find your web page through search engines. This is imperative for increasing your company savings and income.
- IT domains are premium internet extension at an affordable price. You can register your Italian country code website for only $15 a year.
- IT domains are ideal for customized website addresses. Example: www.bankdepos.it instead of www.bankdeposit.com or www.rentdepos.it instead of www.rentdeposit.com.