What are the registration requirements for .LA domains?
There are no requirements for buying .LA domains.
What does .LA stand for?
.LA represents the official domain extension or the internet country code top level domain (ccTLD) of Laos. It was established in 1996 and was intended for entities affiliated with Laos. Although no official agreement exists between the government of Laos and Los Angeles, many companies in the city of Los Angeles are using .LA for their website address. Because this country code domain is easy to register and can be used for domain hacking, it is fast becoming a popular choice for webmasters and company owners. Registry is operated by LA Names Corporation.
Aside from usage as Laos’ two-letter country code, LA is also used for other abbreviations and acronyms. LA is the US state code of Louisiana. The city of Los Angeles in California is also popularly known as LA. Other popular acronym for LA include: Latin America (regional), lactic acid (chemistry), local anesthesia (medical), legal associate (occupation), linux army (military) and local authority (government).
Why register a .LA domain?
Laos, when speaking of economy, is classified by World Bank as an emerging market in Southeast Asia. The economy is rapidly growing thanks to its rich natural resources and current political stability. The government has allowed privatization of enterprises since experts believe that this will encourage the establishment of new businesses that will stimulate economic growth. Foreign companies expand in Laos to take advantage of its expensive workforce that is even cheaper than what they pay for in Cambodia and Vietnam.
Before you expand your brand name in Laos, consider buying a .LA domain for your website.
- Brand expansion in Laos will be easier if your company web page is using their country code extension. Consumers will get to know your brand name as having a professional image too.
- It is essential in reaching your target audience. Laotians will know that your website is created especially for them.
- It is good for domain hacking. LA is not only popular for entities connected to Laos. Companies operating in Louisiana and Los Angeles are also using this domain suffix for their web page since LA is an abbreviation of these places. Some companies in France also use .LA because in French, it means “in”.
- It maximizes your company earnings since organic traffic will be driven to your website. At the same time, expenses will be minimized since there is no need to spend extravagantly for advertisements and marketing.
- Find a premium or profitable keyword and register it a more affordable price. Since .LA is not as famous as .COM, many one-word domain names are still open for registration.
- Buy the exact domain name for your company website. No need to settle for a slightly misspelled domain name or a very long domain name. If you choose .LA, it is likely that your preferred domain name is still available.