What are the registration requirements for .LV domains?
There are no requirements for buying .LV domains.
What does .LV stand for?
.LV represents the official domain extension or the internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) of Latvia. This two-decade old domain extension was introduced to the market in 1993 and was intended for entities with Latvian connections. Registration is open to foreign companies as citizenship or local presence is not a requirement for eligibility. (dot)LV is adopted by a few Las Vegas based companies. The Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science (University of Latvia) is the authorized body for carrying out its registry. On the other hand, Marcaria.com is an accredited registrar where applications for .LV domains can be processed.
LV also stands for: Louis Vuitton, Las Vegas, leave, long view, Lord Voldemort, Lord Vader, liquidation value, low voltage, and logical volume.
Why register a .LV domain?
Latvia is a European country situated between Estonia and Lithuania. According to a report published by World Bank, the country is classified as a high-income economy with main source of wealth coming from exports. Primary goods for export include textile, machinery, iron and wood. Latvia is a member of the European Union and is recognized as the largest and fastest-growing single market across the globe.
Foreign investors believe Latvia is an attractive destination because of the availability of highly-educated and multi-lingual talents. The business environment in this country has a strong European work ethic. Another reason to take advantage of the Latvian investment climate is the fact that it can serve as good entry point to Russian markets.
Before you invest in Latvia, we urge you to register your own .LV domain. This ccTLD is beneficial for your online presence as explained below:
- LV domain extension can help your company in building a professional digital image. By using the international country code of Latvia, you are telling online consumers and local competitors that you have long-term plans of operating in this country. It implies commitment and dedication.
- LV domain extension can help your company in establishing a visible online presence in Latvia. It makes sense to adopt this ccTLD because it enables your company to compete with local businesses. This is essential in promoting brand awareness and creating a strong customer base in this country.
- LV domain extension can enhance your white hat SEO strategies. ccTLDs are compatible with organic optimization methods and do not hurt your Google page rank. In the long run, it can also drive targeted traffic to your web page and boost lead conversion.
- LV domain extension can make your website optimized for the local market. No need for keyword stuffing because the domain extension tells search engines that your content is created for the Latvian audience.
- LV domain extension may help lessen your expenses for paid marketing campaigns. Because it is compatible with organic SEO strategies, quality leads will naturally find your website through Google search. Instead of chasing leads, let them find your website.
- LV domain extension is good for domain hacks and shortened web URLs. It stands for Las Vegas, Louis Vuitton, Love and other popular words.