What are the registration requirements for .PK domains?
There are no requirements for buying .PK domains.
What does .PK stand for?
.PK refers to the official domain extension or the internet country code top level domain (ccTLD) of Pakistan. PKNIC is the authorized body for carrying out its registry. It was introduced in 1992 and was intended for entities affiliated to this country. Registration is relaxed; however, registrants are not allowed to register domain names that are offensive or derogatory.
Aside from usage as Pakistan’s two-letter country code, PK is also used to abbreviate other words. Popular meaning of PK include: penalty kick (soccer), protein kinases (science), Pourquoi (French), punt kick (football), pink sheets (stocks/investments) and product knowledge (commerce).
Why register a .PK domain?
Pakistan’s economic performance is among the fastest and most competitive in Asia. Overseas companies are encouraged to invest in Pakistan because of its geographical significance. It is a premier trade route for businesses that need to operate in Iran, India, China and the rest of Central Asia. Inexpensive labor cost is another reason why Pakistan is an ideal place for making investments. The workers are abundant and they are educated and skilled. English proficiency is also high which eases the communication barrier between foreign investors and local partners.
If your company is expanding in Pakistan, consider buying a .PK domain website. It will be beneficial for your business in ways that you never thought possible:
- Introduce your brand name in the Pakistan digital markets professionally. Show your company’s commitment to serving Pakistani customers by using a .PK domain suffix.
- PK domains let you position your company as a local business in the Pakistan markets. Customers will identify your website as a legit Pakistani business.
- PK domain is good for local marketing as it leaves an impression that your business is exclusively operating for Pakistani clientele.
- PK domains are ideal for local targeting and organic search engine optimization. There’s no need to create content where the word “Pakistan” is constantly mentioned. Your domain suffix already tells Google that your content is specifically intended for Pakistan audience.
- Although this ccTLD is rarely used for domain hacking, you can take advantage of its availability for popular website names. Premium domains are available for registration and these are mostly one-word and highly in-demand keywords. Register a profitable keyword at an inexpensive price.
- Protect your registered trademark in Pakistan. Buying a PK domain suffix will stop potential scammers or competitors from using your trademark without your authorization. This is also a good way to protect your company’s online reputation.