1.What are the registration requirements for .PA domains?
- The owner must be a company (from any country), or,
- If you don´t comply with the above requirement, and you are an individual, we will proceed with your registration using our company name in order to make it available to you. This alternative is offered at no additional cost.
- Only owners of a .COM.PA domain name registered prior to January 31, 2012 will be able to be register at present. The domain will be registered with the exact same information as your existing .COM.PA domain.
- .PA domain names should be available to the general public in January 2018 (to be confirmed by the domain authorities of Panama).
What does .PA stand for?
.PA represents the official domain extension or the internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) of Panama. Strict requirements are imposed to those who want to register a .PA domain name. You must be a legal company from any country to be eligible. The easiest way to meet this requirement is to let Marcaria.com do the registration process for you. We will take care of all the details at no additional charges.
Aside from Panama, PA is also defined in other ways. PA stands for personal assistant (occupation), public address (information), per annum (finance), physician associate (occupation), public affairs (government), public accountant (occupation), public administration (university), pulmonary artery (medical), Palo Alto (city), Pennsylvania (state), privacy act (law), pop art (arts), Psoriatic Arthritis (medical), Peano arithmetic (mathematics), power of attorney (legal), and a lot more.
Why register a .PA domain?
Panama is a progressive country in Central America that can also be linked to South America. Its neighboring countries are Colombia and Costa Rica. Foreign investors are eyeing Panama as a potential business destination because of its strategic location. Being surrounded by the Caribbean Sea (north) and the Pacific Ocean (south), Panama is a good entry point to Europe and Asia.
If your business is expanding in Central America, Particularly in Panama, a .PA domain website is necessary to speed up your company’s success.
- Having a .PA website is essential in making your website identifiable as a local business in Panama. Digital consumers tend to patronize online businesses that can be identified as having a local presence in their country. Trust rate is higher and shoppers are more confident to buy.
- PA website will help your company in introducing its brand name in the digital market of Panama. It will enable you to compete with existing businesses in a fair way and build your own customer base.
- A website that uses a country code extension has a more professional image and is also more appealing to customers. It leaves an impression of commitment and dedication.
- PA is still open to thousands of premium and profitable keywords. We see a lot of companies buying misspelled domain names or web addresses that are too long and non-related. This is probably because the domain name that they want is already registered or is being sold for millions of dollars. With a .pa domain extension, you have an endless option to register highly profitable and exact match keywords at a fair price.
- PA can be used for domain hacks. If your company name ends with PA, you can play with it and make your web address shorter and wittier. For example if your business name is Healthy Spa, instead of buying healthyspa.com, register www.healthys.pa. This is available as of writing! Hurry up and register now!