What are the registration requirements for .PE domains?
Registration for .PE is unrestricted. Anyone or any company may register this domain extension, and documents will not be needed.
What does .PE stand for?
.PE is the official domain extension or internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) of Peru. No documentation is necessary and registration is open for personal or commercial use. The domain is being managed by Red Científica Peruana while registry is carried out by NIC PE. Marcaria is one of the few trusted and accredited registrars for this domain extension.
PE is also famous for other acronyms. It stands for physical education (sports). Its other definitions are price earning (investment), premium edition (software), petroleum engineering (academics), etc. PE is also Peru’s two-letter code.
Why register a .PE domain?
Peru is categorized as a middle-income country and was also cited by World Bank as having the fastest-growing economy in South America in 2012. Their financial stability and strong spending power is attributed to prudent fiscal allocation, international debts reduction, high reserve accumulation and monetary surpluses. All of these factors have substantially reduced the poverty rate and helped greatly in the diversification of economy. Foreign companies see Peru as a big investment opportunity because of its pro-business policies.
Register a .pe website for these reasons:
- A website with .pe suffix will help your company get access to Peruvian digital markets. It is one step to localize your website and inform users of your dedication and commitment.
- If your company is engaged in sports, health or wellness, a .pe domain will be advantageous since this extension can also be spelled out as physical exam or physical education.
- This is an opportunity to attract targeted leads that are truly interested in buying from a legit Peruvian online store. Many consumers prefer to buy from a website they can quickly recognize as operating in their own country.
- Increase search engine rank in www. Google.com.pe since it will return local results to searches made from this URL. Note also that browsers automatically determine the IP address of users and if the robot sees that the user is from Peru, it will automatically redirect that user to the Peruvian version of Google. Hence, you help customers land to your page easily.
- Add a professional vibe to your company website. Users will have an impression that your website is dedicated to customers located in Peru. This is also another way to establish your credibility so more users will trust your business.
- This domain extension is famous in Spanish speaking territories. Expand your target leads not just from Peru but also from Chile, Colombia, Argentina, etc.