What are the registration requirements for .PH domains?
There are no requirements for buying .PH domains.
What does .PH stand for?
.PH represents the official domain extension or the internet country code top level domain (ccTLD) of the Philippines. Registration is relaxed, unrestricted and open not just to citizens and businesses in the Philippines but to foreign nationals as well. It was introduced in 1990 and fast becoming a popular domain suffix in this territory since then. Registry is managed by dotPH Domains Inc.
Aside from usage as Philippines’ two-letter country code, PH is also used as an acronym to other words. Popular definitions of PH include potential of hydrogen (Chemistry), public health (science), pulmonary hypertension (medical), potassium hydrogen (chemistry), plant hygrophelia (botany), Pokemon heart (mobile game), and Prahova (city).
Why register a .PH domain?
According to a 2016 report released by IMF (International Monetary Fund), the Philippines is the 36th most prosperous country in the world in terms of economy and purchasing power. In spite of the natural calamities that the country went through during the last couple of years, the economy remained healthy and rapidly growing at an average of 7% per annum. The economic stability and favorable business policies encourage foreign companies to expand and put their investments in this territory.
Before you begin investing your money in the Philippines, buying a .PH domain should be one of your first concerns. Having a PH extension in your website will be beneficial in multiple ways:
- Owning a website ending in .PH is essential in making your brand name famous in the Philippine market. This country is home to almost a hundred million internet users and most of these people love to shop online. They are always on the lookout for new brands to try and they prefer to engage and make purchases from local websites.
- It makes more sense to register a .PH website than a .COM website if you are particularly eyeing Philippines as your target customers. Websites using country code extensions are given higher ranking by Google on local searches. Hence, Philippine users will find your web page easily if your website address ends with .PH.
- .PH domain suffix is far from saturated. Although it is popular in the Philippine internet, it is not yet widely used in other parts of the world. Get ahead of your competitors and register a .PH domain name today.
- Choose a unique or the exact keyword that you need for your website. Premium domain names under this country code are still available and waiting to be registered.
- .PH is ideal for domain hacking. Examples are www.Photogra.ph instead of www.photograph.com and www.telegra.ph instead of www.telegraph.com. If you are creative you will find hundreds of domain hacks still available.