What are the registration requirements for .RW domains?
There are no requirements for buying .RW domains.
What does .RW stand for?
.RW represents the official domain extension or the internet country code top level domain (ccTLD) of Rwanda. This ccTLD was introduced in 1996 and was intended for entities affiliated with Rwanda and for entities wishing to use the domain according to the policies of RICTA (Rwanda Information & Communication Technology Association). RICTA is the authorized agency for carrying out .RW registry while Marcaria.com is a registrar where applications for .RW domains are processed.
RW also stands for: read-write, real world, road warrior, royal wedding, round-the-world (airfare/travel), retail-wholesale, red wine, rotary wing, runway, rewrite, random walk, right of way, revolutionary way, reaction wheel, resistance wielding, race walk, and many more.
Why register a .RW domain?
Rwanda is a mountainous and landlocked nation located in East Africa. While the country is best known for its rainforests and natural habitat for primates, the country is also an excellent place for startups and long-term investments. Rwanda has the fastest-rising economy in the region of Central Africa. The territory is also shifting from agriculture-based to knowledge-based and service-oriented economy.
Rwanda is an ideal place for starting a new business or expanding an existing business. In order to do your investment right, it is recommended to register your own .RW domain. This is advantageous to your company in the following ways:
- .RW domain can reinforce your company’s affiliation with Rwanda. It adds a professional image to your website which is essential in establishing the credibility of your business.
- .RW domain can show that your company is dedicated to serving Rwanda’s local consumers. It is also a statement that you are committed to a long-term business operation in this region.
- .RW domain can make your brand promotion campaign more effective. Online customers are able to relate to your website and they are also able to easily recall your products. This is important in building a customer-base and also in boosting sales.
- .RW domain can highlight your audience and emphasize your target clients. By adopting this ccTLD, it is easy for web visitors to know that your content is intended for audiences located in Rwanda. This is a more practical and less costly approach to online marketing as it automatically narrows your business scope.
- .RW domain can enhance your organic SEO techniques. It works best with white hat optimization methods and gives your website a high ranking in Google. As a result, customers are driven to your site which can lead to more sales.
- .RW domain can reduce expenses in AdWords and other paid marketing campaigns. This is one of the SEO benefits of using a ccTLD. Because you don’t have to rely 100% on advertisements to get new customers, you are able to save money and increase earnings.