What are the registration requirements for .SA domains?
. SA and .COM.SA:
Registrant should comply with one of the following requirements:
- Have a registered trademark in Saudi Arabia matching the domain name you would like to register. If you don’t have a trademark in Saudi Arabia, you can apply for it here, or
- Have a company incorporated in Saudi Arabia matching the domain name you would like to register.
Local administrative contact is required in both cases. However, if you do not meet this requirement we can register your domain in our Saudi Arabian representative's name in order to make it available to you; this option has an additional cost (Trustee Service).
What does .SA stand for?
.SA refers to the official domain extension or the internet country code top level domain (ccTLD) of Saudi Arabia. It was introduced in 1994 and was intended for entities affiliated with this country. Communications and Information Technology Commission is the authorized body for carrying out its registry. The SA domain suffix is very popular in Saudi Arabia and mostly used by Saudi Arabian companies, organizations and government agencies. Registration is restricted and compliance is expected from all registrants. If your company finds it difficult to buy SA domains, Marcaria can make the process easy for you. Contact us today!
Aside from being used as Saudi Arabia’s two-letter country code, SA is also used as an acronym or abbreviation for other popular words. SA stands for: Société Anonyme (French), South Africa (regional/continent), South America (regional/continent), San Antonio (city, saint’s name), San Andreas (film), single adult (online chat), Spirited Away (anime) and many more!
Why register a .SA domain?
Saudi Arabia is a prosperous nation and the biggest exporter of petroleum in the world. This territory is geographically advantageous because it provides easy access to Asia, Africa and Europe. Local laws also allow foreigners to own real estates and properties. Most importantly, Saudi Arabia is home to millions of young consumers that are interested in trying new products. This means a bigger customer base for any type of business.
Saudi Arabia should be your company’s next target market. The purchasing power is high and the economic condition is fairly predictable. If you are serious in making your brand name known in this territory, we suggest that you buy SA domains. Benefits of doing so include:
- Professional representation of your company in the online market of Saudi Arabia. This is crucial in building local awareness about your brand name.
- Protection of your trademark in the territory of Saudi Arabia which is essential in building a credible online reputation.
- Show your company’s eligibility to operate within the Saudi Arabian territories since you have the official papers such as trademark certificate to support your domain application.
- Attract the right customers to your website and build a strong customer base in Saudi Arabia. Instead of targeting a worldwide client base, it would be best to focus on a particular audience like in this case internet users from Saudi Arabia.
- Drive more sales to your business and increase the conversion rate. Country coded websites are preferred by online shoppers. When they recognize your web page as locally-operated, they tend to respond better and make purchases.
- SA domains are good for choosing the exact website address that you want since other companies that do not hold a trademark certificate or official papers will not get approval from the local authorities.