What are the registration requirements for .ES domains?
There are no requirements in buying .ES domains.
What does .ES stand for?
.ES represents the official domain extension or the internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) of Spain. This 29-year old domain was introduced in 1988 and was intended for entities with Spanish connection. ESNIC is the authorized unit for carrying out its registry and general administration. On the other hand, Marcaria.com is an accredited registrar where applications for ES ccTLD can be processed. (dot)ES domain suffix is widely used in Spain, surrounding territories, and other Spanish-speaking countries. Since 2005, registration became open to anyone from anywhere in the world.
ES also stands for: energy shield (online gaming terminology), executive secretary, enterprise systems, European Standard, en suite, electrical system, electronic shopping, engineering system, environmental science, English Shepherd, executive schedule, and Earth station.
Why register a .ES domain?
Spain is a European country located on the Iberian Peninsula. Its people are known for their passion and devotion for artistry, music, architecture and the good life. In terms of economic status, World Bank categorized Spain as a high-income country with diversified markets. National revenues are derived directly from a wide range of sources namely chemical production, pharmaceutical, tourism, shipbuilding, machineries, and food manufacturing.
Investors are eager to venture in Spain because of the advantages that the country has to offer. The country’s tourism industry remains strong despite the recent world financial crisis. This is beneficial for companies engaged in the service sectors. Another reason to invest in Spain is the fact that large international firms have also made moves to penetrate the Spanish market. Emirates and United Arab Bank are just two examples. Hence, it is logical to follow their move and start your business now in the Spanish soil.
Before you invest in Spain, having your own registered .ES domain is essential. This offers advantages for your company in the following ways:
- ES domain extension provides a great way to build a reputable and trustworthy digital image for your business. Website visitors get an impression that your company is focused on the Spanish market.
- ES domain extension establishes your company’s Spanish affiliation. It enables you to engage in fair market competition which is important in order to make your business successful.
- ES domain extension enhances user engagement. This ccTLD can boost the level of trust in your website and as a result, consumers respond better to your call-to-action.
- ES domain extension is compatible with natural SEO strategies. If your optimization strategies are all organic then ccTLD is the right option for you.
- ES domain extension is an excellent way to emphasize that your website content is intended for the Spanish audience. It saves a lot of work on content creation because the website URL indicates clearly that the website is targeting internet users in Spain.
- ES domain extension is ideal for domain hacks. Examples: www.achiev.es instead of www.achieves.com or www.acupunctur.es instead of www.acupuncture.com.