What are the registration requirements for .SE domains?
Registration is open to anyone including individuals and companies. There are no restrictions and documentation is not needed.
What does .SE stand for?
.SE represents the official domain extension or the internet country code top level domain (ccTLD) of Sweden. It was introduced in 1986 and was intended for entities with affiliation to this country. IIS is the authorized unit for carrying out its operation and registry. On the other hand, Marcaria.com is the top accredited registrar for processing the application for SE domains. SE domains are highly restricted and only eligible registrants can buy them. Official documents are required and use of SE domain in bad faith will result to rejected application.
Aside from being used as Sweden’s two-letter country code, SE is also used for abbreviating other popular words. SE also stands for: self-employed (business), safety engineer (occupation), stock exchange (business), Sony Ericsson (mobile brand name), Santiago del Estero (province in Argentina), Southern Europe and many more!
Why register a .SE domain?
Sweden is a Scandinavian territory located in between Norway and Finland. The economy is highly export-oriented and the environment is pro-business. Multinational companies see Sweden as an ideal location for expanding business primarily because it is the biggest market in Northern Europe with more than 25 million consumers. Other reasons why foreign investors are attracted to this country are: lower corporate taxes compared to neighbor countries, educated workforce, and world-class infrastructure and technology.
If your company has expansion plans in Sweden, buying .SE domain extension would be the right choice. It will benefit your firm in the following ways:
- SE domain extension can help your company in creating a strong online presence in Sweden. This is necessary since local businesses and government agencies in this country are using the .SE domain suffix. It will help reinforce your brand’s connection to Sweden and will also let you compete in the Swedish online market in a professional and healthy way.
- SE domain extension can help your company in building a reputable and trustworthy online image in Sweden. This is essential if you want internet users to trust your website and identify it as a legit business operating in Sweden.
- SE domain extension can help your company in earning the trust and loyalty of digital consumers. Online shoppers generally look for local stores when shopping via internet. When they see your web page address ending in (dot)se, it encourages them to engage and take action.
- SE domain extension can make your White Hat SEO campaign more successful. Some people think that ccTLDs are bad for website optimization. However, the opposite is actually true. Country code domains are excellent for increasing organic traffic and raising your page rank in Google.
- SE domain extension can be used for making customized website addresses. Example: www.bourgeoi.se instead of www.bourgeoise.com or www.italiani.se instead of www.italianise.com.