What are the registration requirements for .TH domains?
- There are no requirements.
The registrant must comply with the following conditions:
- Must have a registered trademark from any country. Trademark should match the domain name. If your trademark is not yet registered or you don’t have a trademark, our team can process the trademark application for you for an additional cost of US$ 85. The trademark name must be similar to the name of the domain. This process can take up to 4 weeks.
- Must provide a contact in Thailand. If your company does not have this requirement, Marcaria will proceed with the domain registration using our representatives in Thailand. Doing so will make the domain available to you; this option (Trustee Service) has an additional cost.
What does .TH stand for?
.TH represents the official domain extension or the internet country code top level domain (ccTLD) of Thailand. Registry is managed by THNIC. This domain has a very complicated registration process. Aside from eligibility, registrants must also submit legal documents to prove the validity of their business. For this reason, many companies operating in Thailand choose to use generic domains such as .COM or .BIZ. If your company is interested in owning a .COM.TH website, Marcaria can make the process easy for you. Contact us today.
TH is also popular for other definitions. It is used to abbreviate Thursday (day), threshold (government), thoracic (medical), time history (database), Trinity House (religion), Territory of Hawaii (location), theoretical hypothesis (mathematics), tax house (government), truth hurts (online chat or SMS) and trying hard (slang).
Why register a .TH domain?
Thailand is classified by World Bank as an upper-middle-income economy with national revenues coming mainly from the export industry. Many foreign investors are interested in opening new businesses in this territory because of its well-developed infrastructures, modern IT networks and efficient facilities for communication. The government also implemented liberal laws on foreign investments that make Thailand ideal for starting a new business or for brand expansion. In the upcoming years, the Thai economy is expected to continue its robust growth that will make the country as the most important destination for making investments in Asia.
Before you expand your brand name in Thailand, consider buying a .TH domain name. Here are a few reasons why doing so will benefit your company:
- It is a professional way to introduce your company name in the online market of Thailand. If you want to expand your business in this territory, you have to use their country code extension so that users will be able to locate and identify your website.
- It will increase the trust rating among users. “.TH” is popularly used in Thailand and websites using this domain suffix are perceived as locally owned. Thai shoppers prefer to buy from these types of websites because they trust it.
- Thousands of English premium keywords are still available for registration. If the keyword that you need is already registered in .COM, try to buy it using “.IN.TH” or “.CO.TH.”
- It will give your website an organic boost from search engines. Because Google determines search results based on the IP address of users, your page will get a higher rank for all local searches.
- Drive organic traffic to your website. Users searching for local companies from Thailand will easily find your online page. Search engines will pick your website because they will identify it as a local page.