What are the registration requirements for .TRAVEL domains?
A .TRAVEL domain name is available to everyone who provides or plans to provide services, products or content in or related to the travel industry.
What does .TRAVEL stand for?
.TRAVEL represents the official domain extension or the internet top-level domain allotted for the travel industry. Entities that provide or have intention to provide goods, services or web content related to traveling are eligible for registration. Examples of eligible applicants include:
ICANN approved the .TRAVEL domain suffix on the 8th of April 2005 and it was officially launched in October of the same year. Applicants at that time went through a special screening process to determine eligibility. Governments were given a priority registration for geographic domain names from July 2005 up to 21st of December 2007. Names of countries, industries and country codes are either reserved or restricted by ICANN and cannot be applied for.
- travel agencies,
- travel bloggers/writers,
- content providers that focus on travel information,
- companies that provide tour packages,
- businesses that provide visa services,
- hospitality services,
- airline and other transportation services (via land/air/sea),
- travel insurance companies,
Tralliance Registry Management Company is the authorized body for carrying out its registry and operation. On the other hand, registration can be processed through a trusted and accredited registrar such as Marcaria.com. To register a .TRAVEL domain extension, the registrant must use the domain extension for building a website dedicated to traveling and other related businesses.
Why register a .TRAVEL domain?
The travel industry is reported as the worlds’ fastest growing business. It benefits a wide range of businesses such as hotels, malls, restaurants, insurance providers, airlines, and a lot more. Service sectors benefit primarily from travelers and tourists that stay in places outside their hometown. Common reasons for traveling include leisure, experience, business and work.
Many years ago, traveling to other places (whether domestic or international) meant visiting a travel agent to arrange things for the client. However, with the availability of internet and technology today, the ways things are done have changed. There are thousands of websites that provide travel information such as itineraries, visa requirements, airline bookings, etc. Anything you need to know about traveling and everything you need for traveling is just a click away.
Considering the booming travel business, companies have started to bring their businesses online to meet the ever-changing demands of customers. If your travel-related business is purely brick-and-mortar, it’s about time you build a website for your company and start offering your goods/services online.
Benefits of using .TRAVEL for your company web page:
- .TRAVEL domain extensions provide a professional image for your company. It implies that your business is sharply focused on providing travel goods and/or services. This is essential in positioning your brand name as a legit travel business.
- .TRAVEL domain extensions provide an easy and convenient way to be recognized as a genuine travel entity. Internet users visiting your landing page instantly know that your content is all about travels. This is essential to attract visitors that are interested in your niche: argentina.travel, germany.travel, ibiza.travel, etc.
- .TRAVEL domain extensions are useful in building a targeted customer base. Travelers and tourists rely heavily on search engines to find what they’re looking for especially those that plan to travel internationally. By adopting the .TRAVEL internet extension, you are making it easier for these people to find your website.
- .TRAVEL domain extensions are SEO-friendly and compatible with organic internet marketing campaigns. It helps your website get picked up by Google for all searches related to your travel niche. Indeed, Google has more than 10,000,000 results for this domain extension. This is essential in increasing the site traffic and getting more quality leads.
- .TRAVEL domain extensions provide your company an edge over your competitors. There is a limitless opportunity to make money from the travel industry but the competition is also tough. Having said this, using the .TRAVEL domain suffix is advantageous for your firm since it makes the purpose of your website clear and upfront. This is necessary in order to strengthen your brand name and bring your business closer to your prospects.
- .TRAVEL domain extensions allow you to be more creative with your domain name. When you use a generic TLD such as .COM, you are forced to add keywords like “travel” or “tour” in your domain name just to help internet users understand the connection of your business to traveling. (dot)TRAVEL domain suffix eliminates that problem and makes it easier for you to choose a website address that you really like.