What are the registration requirements for .TR domains?
.WEB.TR, .BIZ.TR, .INFO.TR and .TV.TR:
- There are no requirements.
- A copy of the company registration or trademark (*) certificate from any country is required (matching the name you want to register).
- The applicant must prove a business activity in Turkey or have a business relationship with a company which is physically located in Turkey. This could be a franchising agreement, distribution agreement or invoice, etc. If you are not able to provide this information we may have a solution for you for an additional cost (Trustee Service).
Note: If you don't have a trademark, we can file a quick trademark application for you for an additional cost. The trademark name must be the same as the name of the domain; the owner of the trademark must be the same as the owner of the domain. This process can take up to 4 weeks.
What does .TR stand for?
.TR refers to the official domain extension or the internet country code top level domain (ccTLD) of Turkey. It was introduced in 1987 and was intended for entities affiliated with this country. Middle East Technical University is the authorized unit for carrying out its registry. TR domains are limited to registrants that can prove local presence in Turkey or those entities with legal representation. Marcaria is one of the few accredited registrars for processing the domain application.
Aside from being used as Turkey’s two-letter country code, TR is also used as an acronym for other popular words. Other meaning of TR include: Tom Raider (online game), tyrannosaurus rex (dinosaur), total revenue (commerce), trace (mathematics) and times roman (font style).
Why register a .TR domain?
Turkey is a geographically unique country in such a way that it is situated within the boundaries of Europe and Asia. It is famous for being home to Hagia Sofia, a massive religious structure at the heart of Istanbul. Millions of tourists visit Turkey every year to see the historic structures in Cappadocia and religious sites in Ephesus. Aside from tourism, this territory is also making earnings from the textile industry and metal manufacturing. Multinational companies believe Turkey is worth their investments because of several factors. First, low taxes are imposed on foreign investors and additional incentives are given for large-scale and long-term investments. Second, economy stays resilient even during the worst global crisis and worldwide recession.
If brand expansion in Turkey is your next company goal, we urge you to register .TR domains. This country code extension for your website will do wonders in your expansion efforts.
- TR domains are necessary if you are serious in doing business within the Turkish territories. This is helpful in establishing brand awareness among local consumers.
- TR domain extension gives your website a professional and reputable image. Unlike when you use .COM or .BIZ extensions, your page will not look like you are targeting an unspecified audience. Online consumers will know instantly that your business is especially serving the Turkish markets.
- TR domains are the simplest way to localize your web page. Search engines like Google and Bing will classify your website as intended for the Turkish audiences. This will drive local traffic and may also boost user response rate.
- TR domains are useful in maximizing your sales and revenues. A big percentage of digital consumers feel more confident to make purchases from local websites than generic ones.
- TR domains are not yet saturated. This allows you to register the exact domain match for your trademark or company name. Now there’s no need to buy a domain name that has no relevance to your business.
- TR domains let you own a website address that is unique and easy to recall. Too many webmasters are using the .COM extension. It’s the right time to choose a domain name that is different from the rest.