What are the registration requirements for .UY domains?
.UY, .COM.UY, .ORG.UY and .NET.UY:
If you do not meet the residence requirement, we can proceed with the domain registration in the name of our company in Uruguay and make it available to you. This option has an additional cost (Trustee Service).
- Any individual or company with residence in Uruguay can register.
What does .UY stand for?
.UY represents the official domain extension or internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) of Uruguay. Residency is required for registration. Individuals or companies may register a .uy website name as long as they can present a local billing contact. Servicio Central de Informatica is the authorized body that carries out the registry of this domain extension.
Other definitions of UY are: update yourself (unclassified), unlike you (vernacular), until you (SMS), upper Yukon (Canadian), or urusei yatsura (Japanese). Uy can also refer to a Chinese surname or letter u in astrology. In addition, UY is the two-letter code or abbreviation for Uruguay.
Why register a .UY domain?
Uruguay is a wealthy and progressive country located in South America. The vigorous economy is attributed to the country’s strong workforce, competitive agricultural exports, and well-educated citizens. International companies as well as small startups are interested in investing in Uruguay because of the government’s fair treatment to domestic and foreign investors. Considering the low corruption in government and an opportunity-filled online market, not to mention high purchasing power of consumers, there are many reasons to start an online business in Uruguay. However, before you start expanding your brand name in this country, buying a .uy website should be your priority.
- Uruguay is home to 3 million digitally-educated people. That’s a lot of high quality leads for your business. If you want to get their attention, it is essential to register a .uy website.
- .UY extension code provides an instant affiliation of your company to the country of Uruguay. Users will trust your website better because they know you have the legal requirements to register a .uy domain name.
- Create a professional URL address for your business. A website with .uy suffix is more appealing to local clients because of the strong sense of proximity. They get an impression of a more convenient transaction in case they want to return/exchange the products they want to purchase.
- .UY extension is still open to an endless possibility of domain names. If you choose a .com or .org extension, you may have no choice but to pick a domain name that is either too long or meaningless. However, you still have a lot of options with .uy code.
- .UY is also a great choice for a domain extension if you are targeting a global consumer base. It has a popular meaning in internet slang and it also a famous symbol in Japan and China.