What are the registration requirements for .AR domains?
.COM.AR can be registered by anyone or any company. There is no restriction and no documentation required for second-level domains.
What does .AR stand for?
.AR represents the official domain extension or internet country code top-level domain of Argentina. Direct registration of .AR is restricted and not open to everyone. However, second-level domains such as .com.ar and .net.ar is available to individuals and companies or corporations. NIC Argentina is the authorized body that carries out the registry and administration of this domain suffix.
AR may also refer to other meaning, acronym or abbreviation. It stands as initials for augmented reality (technology), accounts receivable (accounting), Arkansas (US state), argon (chemical symbol), or Arabic (language). In 1987, Argentina introduced .AR as their official domain extension.
Why register a .AR domain?
Argentina is considered a high-income country. The current economic condition is stable and competitive although they also went through a recession during the recent years. Abundant natural resources and export-oriented industries contribute to the country’s high quality of living and strong spending power. Foreign brands including small startups are interested in investing in Argentina because it opens an endless possibility for making sales given the fact that Argentines are digitally-literate and they love internet shopping.
Reasons to register .AR domain websites:
- Take advantage of available domain names with Argentina domain extension. With a .com suffix, you might be forced to use meaningless dashes or too many characters just to register a keyword that is relevant to your trademark or brand name. This won’t be the case with .ar because it is not yet saturated and you still have a lot of options.
- Create a local customer base for your business. Argentines are more likely to trust an online store that uses a URL address ending with .ar than a website ending with .com. They just know that transactions will be easier and more convenient if the company is operating within the country.
- Boost search engine ranking and make it easier for your web page to appear on page one of search results. This domain extension is very popular in Argentina and Google.com.ar naturally puts priority on localized websites when returning results to users.
- Establish a credible and professional image to online shoppers. This lets users know that your business is located and operating in their country.
- Add special characters to your domain name address such as ö, ï, and ü. This is not possible if you choose other domain suffixes like .com or .org.
- Increase your visibility in the digital consumer market by listing your website address in the business directories in Argentina. These directories only accept local companies or websites that are connected to Argentina.