What are the registration requirements for .BH domains?
In order to register a .BH and .COM.BH domains:
- The owner must be a company (from any country).
- Local Representation in Bahrain is needed. If you do not meet this requirement, we can register the domain to the name of our local representatives and make it available to you. This option has an additional cost (Trustee Service).
NOTE: We need confirmation of your renewal or cancellation two months before expiration date as requested by .BH Domain Authorities
What does .BH stand for?
.BH is the official domain extension or the internet country code top level domain (ccTLD) of Bahrain. It was introduced in 1994 and was intended for entities that are connected with this territory. INET is the authorized body for carrying out its registry. Registrants are required to have a legal business in Bahrain in order to be approved. More so, domain names that contradict local laws are not allowed for registration.
Aside from being used as Bahrain’s two-letter country code, BH is also used to abbreviate other popular words. BH also stands for: be happy (online chat), Bosnia Herzegovina (country), Beverly Hills (city), Behavioral Health (academics/science), Bohrium (Chemistry), black hat (search engine optimization method) and Blue Heeler (dog breed).
Why register a .BH domain?
The Kingdom of Bahrain is classified by World Bank as a competitive and fast-growing economy. Its currency, Bahraini Dinar, is the second most powerful money in the world in terms of value. However, Bahrain has a limited supply of oil and gas that’s why the local government made efforts to diversify the economic activities. They have invested tremendously on finance and infrastructure. Today, this Arab monarchy has billion dollars worth of national income from the tourism and banking sectors.
You have all the best reasons to place your investments in Bahrain. But before you do that, we recommend that you register a .BH domain website for your company. It would be beneficial for your firm in several ways:
- BH domains are popularly used in Bahrain. Government agencies and local companies used this domain suffix. If your website is ending with a BH extension, consumers will trust your business better.
- Using a country code domain for your website is simply how it should be done. If you are operating business within the Bahraini territory, it is expected that you follow the norm. And in Bahrain, companies use BH domains to represent their business online.
- Reinforce your company’s connection with Bahrain. When clients visit your page, they know that your website is focused on serving local markets.
- BH domains help in establishing your company’s credibility and professionalism. It also strengthens your online presence which is essential in becoming successful in this territory.
- Impress customers with your commitment and legitimacy. When consumers visit your website, they know that your company is legit since it was able to comply with the domain registration processes.
- Use BH extension for domain hacking. Companies located in Beverly Hills California or Bosnia Herzegovina can take advantage of the BH initials.
- Boost your local traffic volume. BH domains are ideal if you are particularly looking to have Bahraini customers. When you use the BH extension, Google robots understand that your website is geared towards Bahrain users.