What are the registration requirements for .BR domains?
- Only Brazilian citizens, residents or entities legally established in Brazil that have a CPF or CNPJ number can register .COM.BR domain names. If you do not meet any of these requirements, we can proceed with the domain registration in the name of our company in Brazil and make it available to you. This option has an additional cost (Trustee Service).
- Only nonprofit companies such as governmental entities, class entities, religious bodies, etc. incorporated in Brazil can register .ORG.BR domains.
- Only Brazilian citizens or residents in Brazil that have a CPF number can register .BLOG.BR and .WIKI.BR domain names. If you do not meet any of these requirements, we can proceed with the domain registration in the name of our company in Brazil and make it available to you. This option has an additional cost (Trustee Service).
- Any legal entity established in Brazil, having a CNPJ number can register .TV.BR domains. If you do not meet any of these requirements, we can proceed with registration of the domain in the name of our company in Brazil and make it available to you. This option has an additional cost (Trustee Service).
(*) Note: If you do not meet any of the requirements for .COM.BR, .NET.BR, .ECO.BR or.TV.BR, we can proceed with registration of the domain in the name of our company in Brazil and make it available to you. This option has an additional cost (Trustee Service).
- Same requirements as .COM.BR.
What does .BR stand for?
.BR represents the official domain extension or internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) of Brazil. This domain is only available to legal entities such as citizens, residents or registered companies in Brazil. Companies wishing to own a website name with a .br suffix must follow strict guidelines and policies before registration is granted. Brazilian Network Information Center is the authorized body that carries out the registry and operation of .BR.
BR may also refer to other things. It stands for “best regards” (internet slang), Bromine (chemistry), book review (academic), bug report (computer technology), Banana Republic (brand name), birth rate (statistics), best reply (online chat), line break (HTML), and a lot more. BR can mean a lot of things but it is most commonly used as a two-letter initial for Brazil.
Why register a .BR domain?
Brazil is a prosperous and progressive country having the most powerful and fastest-growing economy in Latin America. It is a world leader in the exportation of footwear products, automobiles, home appliances and transport equipment with an average income of US $0.8 trillion per year. International companies are interested in investing in Brazil because of its free markets and open and competitive industries.
There is a huge opportunity for entrepreneurs and companies to establish a brand name in Brazil. Thanks to its digitally oriented citizens and increasing number of online consumers, Brazil is becoming a center stage for retailers and sellers to showcase their products and services.
Commercial entities wishing to expand business in the Brazilian territories should opt for a .BR website instead of .com because of the following reasons:
- It shows the legality of a business since .BR is available only to companies that are legally operating in Brazil.
- It is difficult to register .BR because of the strict guidelines being implemented by the Brazilian government. Hence, competitors attempting to steal a brand name or trademark will find it nearly impossible to do so. Might as well register the .BR domain for your company’s website.
- It shows a strong local presence in Brazil which is helpful in brand promotion.
- It is essential in establishing the company’s credibility and the best way to penetrate Brazil’s bustling online industry.
- Securing a .BR domain website is the first step in doing online business in Brazil and in uniting the company with the biggest digital market in South America.
- A .BR website is a great tool in making a brand name well-known and easily-recognizable in Brazil.
- Brazilian online shoppers will easily find your online store or business page since search engines give priority to localized websites.
- Brazilians are reported to be the most active online shoppers among South American nations. Attract highly quality leads by getting your business a .BR domain suffix. Doing so will help users in finding your online store more easily.