What are the registration requirements for .CA domains?
In order to register a .CA domain you should:
- Be a Canadian resident or national (individual or entity), or
- Own a Registered Trademark in Canada.
Note: If you do not meet any of these requirements, you can apply for a trademark registration in Canada with our company here. The registration process takes approximately 1 year, and only after the trademark is registered, we will be able to register your .CA domain. If you cannot wait for the trademark to be registered, we might be able to offer another solution. In this case please contact us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us the name of the domain you wish to register and the purpose of the website.
What does .CA stand for?
.CA represents the official domain extension or internet country code top-level domain of Canada. This domain suffix is available for registration to any person having a Canadian residence, or any company owning a registered trademark in Canada. Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) is the authorized governing body that carries out the registry and operation of this domain name.
CA also stands for other meaning or symbol. CA is an abbreviation for the Latin word “circa.” It is used as initials for California or Central America. In Chemistry, CA stands for calcium. In medical terms, CA can mean cardiac arrest, carcinoma, cancer or carrier. It is also the official two-letter abbreviation for Canada.
Why register a .CA domain?
Canada is one of the wealthiest and most progressive countries in the world. In economic terms, it is the 15th most powerful country and Canadian citizens enjoy a very high standard of living. The economy is well-diversified and is dominated by service, logging and oil industries. Automobile and aircraft manufacturing sectors also play a vital role in their economic success. On top of that, this country is also a world leader in entertainment industry as well as in commercial fishing industry. It is not surprising that many international companies want to establish their business in Canada to increase sales.
Reasons to start a .CA domain:
- It is the first step in dominating the Canadian local markets. If you have a .CA domain suffix, online shoppers instantly know that your website is specifically tailored to local consumers. Give them a reason to trust and use your website.
- Protected registration is another reason to get a .CA website. Only registrants of legal types can get this domain. If your company website is ending in .CA, people automatically know that the owner is a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or a trademark owner. Hence, your business instantly gets an impression of legitimacy and credibility.
- Increase your business sales. Canadians shop online for goods/services amounting to billions of US dollars each year. If you want them to notice your products, there is no simplest way to do this than to register a .CA website.
- .CA website gives a professional online image and allows you to build your brand and connect to local consumers easily.
- It makes online shoppers think that your business website is dedicated to Canadian customers. In fact, local citizens are more inclined to trust and patronize .CA websites than .COM websites since they know that this domain suffix is government-approved.
- Get the exact domain name that you prefer for your websites. Most website names are already not available in .Com suffix and .CA gives you a chance to register the domain name that you need.