What are the registration requirements for .MR domains?
For .MR domain registration, the owner can either be a company or an individual that resides in Mauritania.
If you do not meet this requirement, we can register the domain to the name of our local representatives and make it available to you. This option has an additional cost (Trustee Service).
What does .MR stand for?
.MR represents the official domain extension or the internet country code top level domain (ccTLD) of Mauritania. This ccTLD was launched in 1996 and was intended for entities affiliated with or wishing to establish affiliation with Mauritania. NIC-Mauritanie is the authorized agency for carrying out its registry. On the other hand, Marcaria.com is an accredited registrar where interested entities can file all applications for .MR domains.
MR also stands for: mixed reality, middle reliever, meet record, market research, marginal revenue, marginal return, main rotor, metabolic rate, master reset, maintenance requirement, manual review, macro, mode request, mobile receiver, modification request, and many more.
Why register a .MR domain?
Mauritania is an Islamic nation situated in western Africa and bordered by countries such as Algeria, Mali and Senegal. The economy is primarily driven by agricultural activities while the recent GDP growth is attributed to oil and mining sectors. Foreign investment is a major contributor to Mauritania’s national revenues. There are opportunities to invest in the oil sector as well as in the mining and fishery sectors. On top of that, foreign investors are equally treated with local companies and receive the same protection from the government.
Investing in Mauritania is easier when you register your own .MR domain. This move will benefit your business in the following ways:
- .MR domain can make your website professional-looking and trustworthy. Stand out against your competitors by using Mauritania’s official ccTLD. Emphasize your company’s affiliation with this country and succeed in your business expansion plan.
- .MR domain can help promote your brand locally and create awareness about your products. (dot)MR is widely used in this nation and adopting this ccTLD can make your promotion campaign more successful as digital customers are aware that your products are locally available.
- .MR domain can highlight your target customers. Using this ccTLD is already a statement that your content and products are intended for customers located in Mauritania. It simplifies your marketing strategy by focusing on a particular audience group. Instead of selling your business to a global client-base, you can focus on Mauritanian clients.
- .MR domain can help improve your white hat optimization strategies. ccTLDs are the ideal choice for companies wishing to focus on one country. It is a great option for local targeting and equally important as a .COM domain. This is essential in generating direct traffic and helping clients find your business through Google.
- .MR domain can reduce your advertising costs. ccTLDs such as (dot)MR have SEO and brand promotion benefits. By searching related keywords in Google, your clients will surely find your website. This means that you don’t have to rely 100% on paid ads to get more customers.