What are the registration requirements for .SI domains?
There are no requirements for buying .SI domains.
What does .SI stand for?
.SI represents the official domain extension or the internet country code top level domain (ccTLD) of Slovenia. It was introduced in 1993 and was intended for entities with connection to Slovenia. ARNES is the authorized unit for carrying out its registry, while Marcaria.com is the number one registrar for processing the .SI domain registration. Registration is relaxed and non-restricted; however, registrants are not allowed to apply for immoral and illegal domain names including those that may violate third-party rights.
Aside from usage as Slovenia’s two-letter country code, SI is also used to abbreviate other popular words. SI also stands for: school of information (academe or educational institution), social issues (government), system integration (technology), special intelligence (military), Solomon Islands (location in Australia), shop information (ecommerce), similar interests (slang, online chat), Spokane International (railroad), Sichuan (province in China), and many more!
Why register a .SI domain?
Slovenia is a prosperous country located in Central Europe. It is a party to the European Union and its economic status is consistently stable and resilient to external factors. National revenues are derived from fishing, agriculture and forestry. Multinational companies eye Slovenia as a feasible location for new investments because of the following reasons:
If you are expanding your brand name in Slovenia or planning to put up a company branch in this territory, we urge you to register a .SI domain.
- Geographical benefits – provide easy access to Austria and Italy
- Highly developed infrastructures – easier and faster transportation systems
- Highly skilled workforce – high education system makes this country a hot spot for talented and knowledgeable workers
- SI domain extension lets your company build a reputable and professional online image. It reinforces your company’s affiliation to Slovenia and it also shows your commitment to serving the Slovenian digital consumers.
- SI domain extension provides a trustworthy impression to online shoppers and internet users in general. When target customers see that your website address is ending in .SI, they know that your business is operating locally so transactions would be faster and smoother. This will encourage them to make a purchase and respond to your call to action.
- SI domain extension complements your White HAT SEO strategies. These country code top level domains are good for boosting organic traffic and increasing the rate of lead conversion. This is essential in maximizing your sales and income.
- SI domain extension helps in being identified as a local business and being able to compete healthily with local companies. This is important if you want to popularize your brand name in Slovenia.
- SI domain extension is good for customized website addresses. Take advantage of its meaning in French (if), Spanish (yes), Italian (yes) and Latin (if).