What are the registration requirements for .AE domains?
Registration for .AE domain name extension is unrestricted. There are no specific requirements, and local presence or legal documents are not necessary. The procedure of registering this domain is much similar to .COM web name.
What does .AE stand for?
.AE represents the official domain extension or internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) of United Arab Emirates. Any individual or any company may register a website ending in .ae even without a business office located in UAE. aeDA (.ae Domain Administration) is the authorized registry and regulatory body that carries out the administration of this domain extension.
AE also stands for other abbreviations and symbols. It can be an acronym for American Eagle which is a famous apparel brand. In grammar, AE is an abbreviation for American English. In medical terms, AE is short of adverse effect. There are other possible meanings for AE but it is most known widely as a domain extension for Arab speaking countries
Why register a .AE domain?
United Arab Emirates, despite having a small population of 9 million+, is a very successful country in terms of economic growth and customer spending power. UAE is extremely reliant on oil reserves, and exportation of natural gas and petroleum products. Tourism is another central factor in the prosperity that Arabs are now enjoying. The territory is home to the most modern infrastructure and luxurious hotels. Tourists from all over the world travel to UAE to see its grandeur and beauty. For these reasons, foreign companies are much interested in penetrating the Arab local markets.
Best reasons to start a.AE domain:
- International companies wishing to represent their brand in UAE would make a smart choice in wanting to register a .AE website name. It signifies a strong local presence which can easily capture the consumers’ interest.
- A website ending with .ae lets you reach more high quality leads especially if you are specifically targeting Arab clientele.
- .AE domain is good for localized SEO (search engine optimization). Enhance ranking in search engines like Google by using related keywords.
- It shows that your company website is professional and committed to serving local customers.
- From a marketing standpoint, websites with a suffix of .ae are easier to market or advertise to local UAE consumers.
- There are no restrictions in registering a .ae domain. It is as simple and as easy as getting a .com domain. Hence, it would be a smarter choice to just choose .ae over .com if the intention is to introduce a brand in the UAE market.
- English is not the language that is spoken primarily in UAE. By having a .ae website with Arab-written content, foreign companies can strengthen their online visibility in UAE.
- A .ae website also gives an impression of proximity to the residents of UAE. More customers will be convinced to use a localized website.