What are the registration requirements for .UZ domains?
There are no requirements for buying .UZ domains.
What does .UZ stand for?
UZ refers to the official domain extension or the internet country code top level domain (ccTLD) of Uzbekistan. It was introduced in 1995 and was intended for entities affiliated to this territory. UZINFOCOM is the authorized body for carrying out its registry. Registration is relaxed and non-restricted; however, registrants cannot use this domain suffix for illegal activities or anything that will violate third party rights.
Aside for usage as Uzbekistan’s two-letter country code, UZ is also used to abbreviate other words. Popular meanings of UZ include: ultra zoom (photography), Universidad de Zaragoza (organization/academics), urban zone (online chat), University of Zurich (organization/academics), Uzbeks (ethnic group) and uranium zirconium (science).
Why register a .UZ domain?
Uzbekistan’s economic activity is predominantly based on the manufacturing and agricultural industries. It is a world leader in the production and exportation of cotton products. During the last decade, the country also went through a robust growth because of the government’s efforts to diversify the economy. Today, Uzbekistan is not just a major producer/exporter of cotton but it is also generating revenues from gold and copper exports.
Uzbekistan is a great country for placing your investments. But before you start doing business within this territory, we highly recommend buying a .UZ domain. This will benefit your company tremendously in several ways:
- Create a professional online image for your company and popularize your brand name in the digital markets of Uzbekistan.
- Reinforce your company’s connection with Uzbekistan and let customers know that your business is locally affiliated.
- Create an impression of deep commitment and dedication to your audience. UZ domain suffix does this job for you since customers have a strong preference for websites that are country-coded.
- UZ domain extension can increase the user engagement and response rate in your website. In the long run, this is necessary in maximizing your sales and revenues.
- Protect your trademark and brand name in Uzbekistan. Even if your trademark is already registered under .COM extension, it is still ideal to register it in other types of top level domains for maximum protection.
- UZ domains are good for local targeting and generating traffic from a specified group of audience. A country-coded website can tell search engines like Google and Bing that your content is tailored for a particular location.
- UZ domains are good for domain hacking. Examples: www.famo.uz which is a play on the word famous, www.mischievo.uz which is a play on the word mischievous, and www.rendezvo.uz which is a play on the word rendezvous.