What are the registration requirements for .VE domains?
Registration is open to individuals or companies worldwide. There is no need to submit any document or information in order to register a .VE domain.
What does .VE stand for?
.VE represents the official domain extension or internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) of Venezuela. It is unrestricted and can be registered by private individuals, companies or international corporations from anywhere in the world. This domain suffix is intended for entities wishing to establish a connection with Venezuela but it is open to anyone. Comisión Nacional de Telecomunicaciones is the authorized body that carries out the registry and administration of .VE.
VE also stands for other acronyms or abbreviations with different meanings. It can be an initial for virtual enterprise (business), volunteer experience (occupation), virtual environment (computing), volumetric efficiency (physiology), etc. However, the most accepted meaning of VE is Venezuela, a country in Latin America.
Why register a .VE domain?
Venezuela is the fourth biggest supplier of petroleum oil to the United States. The economy is heavily reliant on oil production and petroleum exports and has experienced a steady growth since 1980s. Millions of foreign immigrants also find Venezuela attractive because its citizens are enjoying the highest standard of living in South America. On top of that, this country is also one of the world’s biggest exporters of industrial products such as aluminum and steel. In spite of the economic crisis that they are going through during the recent years, foreign investors and multinational companies are still interested in making huge investments in Venezuela because of its capacity to survive and thrive.
Reasons why .VE is ideal for business entities:
- According to reports, more than 50% of internet users in Venezuela shop online at a minimum of once per month. This gives companies a bigger market to explore and higher opportunity to make sales. Venezuela is really a profitable environment for brand expansion.
- Venezuelans prefer to shop online from websites that have a strong affiliation with their country. Localized your website to attract more shoppers and establish trust and credibility.
- .VE domain names are beneficial for local SEO strategies. Internet users with IP addresses coming from Venezuela are automatically redirected to www.google.co.ve. This version of Google returns local results from user searches. If your website is ending with .VE, it will be likely to appear on first page without too much page optimizing efforts.
- .VE is perfect for companies involved in fashion, style, apparel, shoes, makeup, and similar products. Venezuelans are known for being stylish and fashionable. They make a high quality target leads for businesses selling such products.
- Having a .VE URL address helps in generating traffic not just from Venezuela but as well as from Spanish speaking territories such as Puerto Rico, Argentina, Cuba, and other Latin places.