What are the registration requirements for .VN domains?
There are no requirements for buying .VN domains.
What does .VN stand for?
.VN represents the official domain extension or the internet country code top level domain (ccTLD) of Vietnam. Registrants applying for commercial and personal use are accepted. Registration for this domain suffix is relaxed but it must not be used for activities that contradict the laws of Vietnam. VN domain extension was established in 1994 and was intended for entities affiliated with Vietnam. Registry is operated by Vietnam Internet Network Information Center (VNNIC).
Aside from Vietnam, VN is also used to abbreviate other words. Popular meanings for VN include: very nice (online chat or SMS), visual novel (publishing), virtual navy (online game), Vanilla Ninja (musician), virtual network (computing) and variance notice (government).
Why register a .VN domain?
Vietnam is a developing country in Southeast Asia. The economy is highly focused on agricultural products such as coffee and rice having United States as the country’s top export partner. A huge percentage of the national revenues are coming from the manufacturing industries of apparel and shoes. Tourism is also a big business in Vietnam since tourists from all over the world visit the country for its unique culture, landmarks and exotic dishes.
Vietnam is an ideal country for business expansion not only because it’s a tourist attraction but also because of its relaxed policies on foreign ownership and inexpensive labor cost. If your company has plans of putting up a new branch in Vietnam, buying a .VN domain website is one thing you must consider. Here are some reasons why:
- Give your website a professional image. When you choose a .COM domain extension, your website will look like an ordinary website. But if you choose a .VN domain suffix, users will think that you are committed to doing business in Vietnam.
- Consider that many Vietnamese don’t use English as their main language for communication. Hence, using a .VN domain name will help you in reaching your target audience. When users see the domain suffix, they know that your website is made for the Vietnamese audience.
- Profitable keywords and premium domain names are still open for registration. Why settle for a very long .COM domain name when you can buy a short and meaningful domain name using .VN?
- Take advantage of SEO and local targeting strategies. With a country code domain, you don’t have to spend thousands of dollars for marketing campaigns and Google Adwords. Your target audience will easily find your website.
- Finding a domain hack is easier. Tie your website name to other meanings of VN such as virtual network or virtual note. Be creative and discover a lot of profitable VN domain names.